Version 0.5.2 (August 11, 2006)
* Added Key Assist (Help > Key Assist...) which shows available keyboard shortcuts in the current view.
* Smart filter uses greater than or equal and less than or equal.
* Add ability to edit traditional characters.
* Removed user dictionary option.
* When copy and pasting in tab delimited format, will copy as is.
*  Change font when flashcards closed shows error.
*  After deleting entry, selection gets lost.
*  Edit entry twice without saving shows error dialog.
*  Editing edited entry shows stale data.
*  Add auto backup feature.
*  Copy/Paste/Delete don’t work from top-level menu.
*  Save and Save All shortcuts stopped working.
Version 0.5.1 (July 30, 2006)
- Smart Filter behavior changed. Instead of choosing rules to to exclude flashcards the behavior has been reversed so that flashcards that meet the rules are included. Some people were confused with the previous behavior.
-  Include a test smart filter function.
-  Restore wizard does not restore selected categories.
-  In Summary wizard, text zoom functions don't work.
-  After adding a category, the previous selection stays.
-  Export writing sheets fails if any entry ends in 儿.
Version 0.5.0 (July 23, 2006)
- chinese.script has been replaced with user.script which now contains just your user data (categories, stats, etc). Dictionaries are now packaged up as plugins.
- Multiple dictionaries (ie. CEDICT & Adso) can be loaded at the same time although there is only one “current” dictionary. Current dictionary can be toggled using button in toolbar or keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-D).
- Full freedom to edit pinyin and definition of entries in your categories using ‘Edit entry’ function.
- Smart filter allow more fine grained control by allowing specific rules to be enabled/disabled.
- Restore function allows restoration from zdt 0.4.8 and below chinese.script files along with the standard zdt backup files.
- SuperMemo and PlecoDict export format support now built in.
- ZDT codebase upgraded to Eclipse 3.2.
- Upgraded to hsqldb 1.8.0 from 1.7.3.
- Switch from CPL license to EPL license.
-  Want to be able to select multiple categories.
-  Problem going back and changing file in Restore Wizard.
-  Order of characters in writing sheets not correct.
-  Definition Test, when definitions disabled, can still select.
-  Preserve user data when updating dictionaries.
-  Add character doesn’t accept shen2.
-  Can’t add characters with new pinyin.