Last updated: Tue, October 15, 2013
To contribute to the zdt you should know at a minimum, the Java programming language. Knowledge of SWT/JFace is desirable for making changes to the UI.
Download and install Eclipse 3.3 (or newer)
Download and install JDK 6.0 (or newer)
Install Subclipse (for Eclipse subversion support) by using the update site at http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.2.x (or newer)
In the SVN Repository view, add the following repository location: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/zdt/svn
Checkout the following required plugins
Running from within Eclipse
- Go to Window > Preferences > Java > Compiler and change 'Compiler compliance level' to 6.0.
- Go to Window > Preferences > Workspace and change 'Text file encoding' to UTF-8.
- By default on Windows XP, the database file is installed under your user home directory. This is normally at c:\documents and settings[user_login]\zdt. If you have not installed the ZDT, then you will need to copy the files manually. Copy user.properties and user.script from your net.sourceforge.zdt.core\config directory into the above directory.
- Open the file zdt.product from net.sourceforge.core to open up the Product Definition page.
- Under Testing, click Launch an Eclipse application. (You will receive an error message indicating that the launch failed. That's Ok!)
- Go to Run > Open Run Dialog...
- Go to Plug-ins tab
- Click Add Required Plugins
- Click Run