Currently the zdt has been mainly tested on Windows XP and Windows 7 with limited testing on Windows 2000. However it should work well on other windows platforms as well. Linux is also supported and has been tested on Ubuntu, Gentoo and Redhat distributions. A Mac versions is also available.
- Either use ZDT full version (which includes Java) or install Java 1.6.0 (6.0) or newer on your computer. Please go here and download either the JDK or the JRE.
- Chinese fonts. I recommend the Arial Unicode MS font that comes with Office XP and some other Microsoft products. If you don't have that, Arial seems to work fine as well.
- If you already have a version of Java 1.6.0 (or newer) on your system, then grab the latest zdt-1.0.0-setup.exe installer from here.
- If you don't have Java 1.6.0 or don't even know what Java is, then grab the latest zdt-1.0.0-setup-full.exe. It's more than twice as big, but contains everything you need to run.
- Double click on the .exe and follow the instructions of the installer. The installer will create a shortcut on your desktop called zdt.exe which you can use to start the application.
- In your zdt installation directory, double click on uninst.exe.
Additional Linux Requirements
- gtk 2.2.1
- atk 1.2.0
- glib 2.2.1
- pango 1.2.1
- FreeType 2.1.3
- Mozilla 1.4 or greater
The zdt browser view requires Mozilla 1.4 or greater. In addition two environment variables must be set, MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, to your Mozilla installation folder. e.g.
If for whatever reason, you are unable to meet this requirement, then you may run the zdt without the browser component by deleting
- There is no linux installer at this time. Extract the files using the command: tar -xjvf zdt-1.0.0-linux-gtk.tbz. To launch, go to the install directory and type: ./zdt.
- There is no linux uninstaller at this time. Just delete the folder that you installed the zdt to. If you would like to keep your data, take your <install_dir>/user.script and <install_dir>/user.properties files and copy them to a different location.